Prince Edward Island beach tops Vacay.ca website’s top 10 list
Singing Sands Beach in Basin Head Provincial Park is the No. 1 beach in Canada because of its warm waters and unique sound, says vacay.ca travel website.
Canadian travel website vacay.ca has named Basin Head Provincial Park the best beach in Canada.
The website gave Basin Head the No. 1 spot in its top 10 Canadian beaches list published recently.
The website recognized Basin Head for having the warmest water north of Florida and for its famous singing sands. It also made note of the park’s on-site facilities, services and the nearby Basin Head Fisheries Museum.
“Basin Head Provincial Park beach has long been a favourite among Islanders and visitors alike,” said P.E.I. Tourism Minister Robert Henderson. “Our beaches are well known across Canada and around the world for their relatively warm water and beautiful white sand. They are also a key part of our marketing plan, and a big reason why visitors choose to come here, so this award couldn’t have been better timed.”
Other beaches in the top 10 included nearby hot spots, New Brunswick’s Parlee Beach and Sandy Hood beach in the Iles de la Madeleine.
Top 10 Beaches in Canada by vacay.ca
1. Singing Sands, Basin Head Provincial Park, Souris, PEI
2. Wasaga Beach, Ontario
3. Brady’s Beach, British Columbia
4. Ingonish Beach, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
5. Long Beach, Tofino, B.C.
6. Grand Beach Provincial Park, Manitoba
7. Havre-Aubert Beach (Sandy Hood), Iles de la Madeleine, Que.
8. Parlee Beach, Shediac, N.B.
9. Martinique Beach, East Petpeswick, Nova Scotia
10. Sandbanks, Prince Edward County, Ontario
The Guardian Charlottetown